Sports Massage Therapy
Myofascial Massage Therapy
Functional Movement Screenings
Selective Functional Movement Assessments
Advanced Rolfing Combined With Active Stretching
– During a Rolfing session, clients actively participate in their Rolfing therapy and functional movement goals
– Clients assist by stretching in 2 second counts in different ways as the Rolfing manipulations are being applied
– Active, 2 second stretching boosts and strengthens the Rolfing results, with clients reporting that they:
– Stand taller, breath easier, move with greater ease, flexibility, balance and less pain
– Save time & cost with fewer sessions, with the results being felt immediately
– Sustainable results occur within 3-5 sessions and not the typically 10 session prescription
Sports and Medical Massage
– Experience deep relaxation and recovery from stress and athletic activities
Functional Movement Screen and Selective Functional Movement Assessment
– Movement assessments are given before each session to identify dysfunctional movement patterns and provide clinical direction to help guide the goals of each session
– Receive a program of instructive video exercises that demonstrate how you can use your immediate environment in your home, office or outside to continually maintain and improve your therapy gains with 2 second, movement patterning stretches.
Certified Advanced Rolfer
Licenced Massage Therapist
Certified FMS Practitioner
“I’d had shoulder pain for 18 months before seeing Sam. After one session there was improvement within two weeks, and within four it was gone forever. You won’t find a more caring, committed or talented rolfer than Sam”
Editor in Chief, SoBo Voice Magazine
Sam Adams Rolfing Therapy with Clinical Movement Screening offers you a unique and economically effective program of hands-on myofascial Rolfing therapy that is enforced with active stretching and movement participation.
The goals and strategies for each session are directed by the results of the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA). Following sessions, clients will receive a 6 week, core movement pattern corrective exercise program from the Functional Movement Screen; and home exercise movement pattern videos to help clients hold and advance therapy gains wherever they go. You’ll feel more strength, mobility, flexibility, and coordination, while reducing pain, injuries and stress. With clinically directed goals and results, you will need fewer sessions – usually 3-5 – to maintain, sustain and build strength upon your therapeutic gains.
Once your therapy goals have been achieved, you can return once a month or two for just a relaxing myofascial and medical massage.
With over 25 years of experience, Sam Adams can effectively pinpoint and work to resolve physical pain, stiffness, and other balance issues. Sam Adams Rolfing is the only Rolfing and medical massage program that utilizes renowned FMS strategies in the Baltimore and New York area. Contact Sam via email or phone to start relieving your pain today.
- Scientifically Proven Results
- Reduce Pain, Straighten Posture, Move With Greater Ease, Relax & Feel Energized
- Enhance Athletic Performance to achieve increased Strength with Faster Recovery
- Exercise & Movement Coaching for use at home or the gym to enhance Progressive Therapy Gains
- Guaranteed, Measurable Benefits using The Clinical Movement Assessments of the Functional Movement Screen and the Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- Following the first Rolfing Session, clients receive a 6 week Movement Pattern Corrective Exercise Program to reinforce and sustain therapy gains from The Rolfing Session
- Clients also receive personal and individualized Video Exercise Ideas that demonstrate how you can use any available areas, such as stairwells, walls, or doorways within the home, office, or gym to maintain and constantly improve Movement Patterning and Timing with improvisational 2 second pulsing and stretching Movement Routines. These employ Breath, Internal Muscular Tension, Twisting and Extension to help you to stay on top and reinforce your Therapeutic Gains.
Sam Adams Saves You Time And Money By:
- Clinically evaluating your entire musculoskeletal system to detect tension, injuries, weakness with the Functional Movement Screen and The Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- Using S.A.M.S (Strength And Mobility =Strength) Rolfing to Enliven, Balance, and Adjust Your Body’s Core Reaction, so you can build strength.
- Scientifically monitoring your body improvement using Functional Movement Screening (FMS) and the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Giving you movement, posture, exercise, and ergonomic advice.
- Networking your needs with a team of professional bodyworkers in his New York Physiofitness studio.
- Offering you relaxation and pain relief using medical massage—and after 5 Rolfing sessions, clients often return for massage once a month for stress relief, as the major movement pattern issues have already been addressed.
- Combining Rolfing and movement assessments to increase your athletic coordination so you can enjoy the game with stronger and safer performance.
- Working with you as a friend and coach, not just as a bodyworker.
- Offering more benefits than regular massage, chiropractic, Reiki, craniosacral, etc.
- Offering on the spot Facetime instruction, as well as creating long-distance video and photo fitness for coaching and training.
“As a triathlete and CrossFit enthusiast, I figured that pain and tightness was just part of being into athletics. Sometimes after competing I’d go for massage or chiropractic and feel better for a few hours. But when I went to Sam Adams I immediately realized he was giving me an edge over other competitors, and making me feel a whole lot better than I could have gotten to on my own. If you’re serious about your body being the best it can be, Sam Adams is the body therapist to turn to.”
New York City